The Metropolitan Church is on the northern side of the Piazza Camp.
The Cathedral has a Latin cross plan with three naves.
It was erected by Archbishop Roger of Stefanuzia between 1274 and 1295. It has suffered so far continuous transformations ,the most notable of these changes were made by the archbishops Pisani, Berlingieri, Ganini and Puja as evidenced by several inscriptions legibili at several points. The remains of the old building Stefanuzia the ancient portal. The rest of the entire facade has been completely redone from Berlingieri in 1705, as documented by the long inscription at the top.
Very beautiful and precious is the main altar built in marble Calabrian Archbishop Berlingieri and completely rebuilt by Archbishop Ganini , as it is written in stone on the back. Marble altar is a Baroque polychrome eighteenth century. The altar of the Chapel of St. Anastasia has a two-tone marble pediment of the late Renaissance.
On the walls you can see fragments of marble Renaissance and arm a tombstone .
From a door placed in the left aisle, near a confessional, leads to the celebrated Baptistery wrapped in an atmosphere of deep religious Byzantine.
The baptistery was built in the Byzantine period. It ‘a building almost circular, with four orthogonal arms.
The bell tower is leaning, with a thirteenth-century Gothic portal on the left .